Please be advised that due to the extreme weather patterns that we sometimes face in Ohio, it may be necessary to implement a delay schedule on days that are in question for opening school. The following information will help answer some of the questions you may have regarding the practice of delaying the start of the school day.
1. Delays and closings will be displayed on the local TV stations and announced on the radio stations and will also be posted on the school district Web site. In addition, each student will receive a recorded message from Superintendent Robin Halley through the School Messenger system if school is closed or delayed. If you need to update your phone number for this system, contact your child's secretary.
2. Either a one or two hour delay will be implemented if necessary. For example, if your child boards the bus at 7:15, a delay schedule of one hour would require him/her to board the same bus at 8:15, one hour later than normal. A two-hour delay would obviously require you to adjust your child's schedule for two hours.
3. There will be NO morning preschool when a delay is implemented, whether it is a one-hour or two-hour delay.
4. Lunch will be served in each of the cafeterias as normal.
5. School will be dismissed on time at the end of the day if a delay schedule is implemented and your child will be home at the normal time.
6. Afterschool events may or may not be canceled depending on the weather conditions later in the day. Announcements will be made if events are canceled.
7. Career Center students will be included in the one or two hour delay schedule and will be transported on the schools buses at the later time.
8. Due to time constraints and the number of contacts we must make with staff, TV and radio, we ask that you please do not call the school, tying up phone lines. Listen to the TV or radio stations listed below for up-to-date information.
PLEASE MAKE CHILD CARE ARRANGEMENTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN CASE WE HAVE TO DELAY SCHOOL
Should inclement weather or emergency situations result in the closing or delay of district schools, the announcement of these will be conveyed to local radio and television stations as early as possible.
If the decision to close or delay schools is made prior to the start of the school day, the television and radio stations will be notified, typically by 6 a.m.
The following are suggested television and radio stations to follow for announcement of delays or cancellations:
WCMH, channel 4
WSYX, channels 6 and 28
WBNS, channel 10
1350 AM, Chillicothe
WSNY, Sunny 95
WLVQ, FM 96