Schoology /skoo.luh.jee/—a learning management system (LMS) that has all the tools Teays Valley uses to create engaging content, design lessons, and assess student understanding.
In order to utilize blended learning effectively, Teays Valley uses Schoology as the district’s learning management system (LMS). This online “digital classroom” provides students and families with anytime, anywhere access to curricular materials and information on upcoming assignments/events. Schoology incorporates the best of modern interfaces so it’s easy to learn and access relevant information on any device. It will also replace Jupiter Grades for students in grades 2-12. Parents will be able to use Schoology to access their students' grades and track their progress.
*It is important to note that our teachers will be learning and developing their Schoology courses this year at their own pace, so you may see some teachers and teams utilizing Schoology more than others. We have scheduled time throughout the year for all our teachers to be trained on the Schoology platform, so they will be able to take full advantage of the suite of features.
Click on this link
for a Parent Quick Guide with step by step instructions on how to create a parent account
Additional important information:
- Make sure your notifications are personalized to your needs and how you would like to receive information. Click here for more information on notifications.
- If you need to add a child to your account, contact child's teacher for the code. Click here for directions on adding students to your account.
- If you would like to set up your Schoology email digest, click here for more information.
- To review the Schoology Homepage navigation, click here.
- Click here for how-to videos about using Schoology.
- A Schoology app is available for Smart devices