A Foundation for Increasing Academic Achievement and Building Character for Our Teays Valley Vikings
We are excited to present the theme of EVERYONE CAN BE A CHAMPION! for students at South Bloomfield Elementary School. Building upon the notion that all children can learn and be successful at school through supported guidance and modeling, we will work on three components of the CHAMPION theme this year:
- Champions take responsibility for their work by completing the work on time and asking for help, when needed
- Champions try their best on all assignments
- Champions take pride in their work
- Champions are open to suggestions for improvements
- Champions are responsible for their own actions and do not make excuses for their actions
- Champions treat others with kindness, respect, and fairness
- Champions think before they act
- Champions can be trusted
- Champions define the problem they want to solve
- Champions explore their options in order to make decisions
- Champions think through the consequences on their decisions
- Champions learn and grow from their decisions
These ideas will be posted throughout the school, reinforced by teachers, honored in classrooms, hallways and non-academic times and celebrated throughout the school year. We understand that the foundation for a child’s values is built at home and practiced through reinforcement at school. Our quest to make students CHAMPIONS will be most successful with your support from home. Please help us in nurturing the traits of a CHAMPION in your child!
As always, please feel free to contact the school at 740.983.5000 or e-mail the principal directly at [email protected] if you have questions or if you would like to get involved with our CHAMPION initiative this year!