Counselor: Mrs. Brooke (Wright) AdkinsPhone Number: 740.983.5080Fax: 740.983.4050E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to South Bloomfield Elementary School's counseling page. My name is Mrs. Adkins, and I am looking forward to getting to know your family, and excited to work with your children this school year. Please feel free to contact me anytime you may have questions or concerns. I enjoy working with students and families, to find solutions to their problems.
My mission is to provide quality services in the academic, career, and personal/social domains, and to communicate and collaborate with parents, families, and teachers to help students be successful.
What do elementary counselors do?
- Teach classroom counseling lessons
- Provide community resource information
- Offer small group counseling
- Serve on the Student Assistance Team
- Provide crisis counseling
- Promote success at school for all students
- Assist concerned parents
- Advocate for all students
When should you as parents make a referral?
- Family or student is dealing with a personal crisis or trauma in the home.
- Family would like resources for mental, emotional, or physical health.
- Family would like outside agency resources to help with housing, hunger, or any area that is causing a hardship in the home.
- Student displays a sudden change in behavior that lasts more than 2 weeks at home or at school.
- Anytime you think your student would benefit from another person talking with them.
- Student is not performing academically on grade level.
Why Elementary School Counselors?
To learn more about elementary school counseling, visit the American School Counseling Association.