Student appearance reflects an attitude of pride in self, school, and community. No students shall wear articles of clothing that distract from the educational process.Clothing is to be neat, clean, and modest.
- Low-cut tops, see-through blouses, midriff tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and very short skirts or shorts are examples of styles that are considered unacceptable for students.
- Unacceptable accessories, including chains and/or studded accessories, are not permitted.
- Clothing with writing and/or symbols that advertise or promote activities against school regulations is not permitted.
- Writing or symbols on shirts that are obscene or suggestive of obscenities are not permitted. Messages suggestive of alcohol, sex, substance abuse, or an unhealthy attitude towards school are not productive for a positive school environment and are not permitted.
- Hats are not to be worn in the building except on special days like spirit days or hat days.
- Sunglasses are not permitted unless approved by a physician.
- Pants or shorts with holes in them are not permitted.
- Oversized clothing (sagging pants worn low on the waist or large pants cut off to allow a sagging crotch) that is excessive or compromises the safety of students is not permitted.
- Appropriate footwear will be worn at all times (flip-flops are permitted, but not recommended for safety reasons).
- Body piercing, other than the ears, is not permitted. Suggestive, obscene, or inappropriate tattoos (permanent or temporary) are not permitted.
In addition, it is very important that students are dressed appropriately for the weather. Students love to go out for recess, so we use the following guidelines for outdoor recess (all temperatures include the wind chill):
*25 degrees or below, all recess will be indoors.
The principal has the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning dress and appearance. Parents may be contacted to bring other clothes if dress is inappropriate.