Teays Valley understands that a differentiated curriculum is the best way to meet the day-to-day needs of the gifted child. Differentiated instruction provides developmentally appropriate material for gifted children, giving them optimum opportunity to grow. Elements of our gifted programming include flexible grouping, progress monitoring, intellectual peer interaction, and support provided by a gifted intervention specialist. Teachers use a variety of teaching strategies to meet the needs of high achieving learners in the classroom.
- Develop and maintain the questioning attitude and inquisitive mind.
- Develop advanced deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
- Develop problem-solving abilities.
- Develop the ability to think critically, divergently and convergently.
- Develop creative and original modes of expression.
- Develop the ability to work independently.
- Develop research capabilities.
The following are the gifted programs offered at Teays Valley Local Schools:2-5 Gifted Inclusion:
Students identified in math and/or reading are cluster grouped. Students identified in math receive support from the GIS in an inclusive setting.V.I.K.E.S.
: Voyages In Knowledge for Exceptional Students, for grades three through five in a resource room setting.Honors Classes:
in grades six through twelve in classroom setting.Advanced Placement Courses:
at Teays Valley High School.
Post Secondary Enrollment:
in grades 11 and 12.Questions can be directed to
Kyle Wolfe - email@example.com
Beth Keplar - firstname.lastname@example.org