Teays Valley West Middle School wants to be pro-active in our efforts to put an end to bullying. As we work with our staff and students, please reinforce these strategies at home. Thank you for your efforts in making West Middle School an Excellent place to learn.
West Ways To Stop A Bully
1. Tell a teacher what's going on.
2. Don't laugh at a bully's mean jokes.
3. Say "That wasn't funny."
4. Invite an excluded student to join in an activity.
5. Listen to a friend who is being bullied.
6. Encourage a victim to go to a teacher.
7. Tell the bully to cut it out.
8. If you're uncomfortable standing up to the bully, try standing next to the victim.
9. Find a private moment to tell the victim you sympathize. Sometimes that's all it takes.
Please take the time to be the one caring person. It only takes a moment to help someone.